Prior to coming in for your child’s first visit you will be asked to complete a few forms which will provide the Kids Therapy Made Simple team with a comprehensive history regarding your child’s development. These forms provide your therapist with important information that will inform your child’s treatment plan. Upon completion, these forms should either be emailed, faxed or mailed in to Kids Therapy Made Simple so that your therapist has time to review them prior to your evaluation.
Click here to download your intake forms.
Your first visit
Your first visit will be approximately 1-1 ½ hours long and will include the following:
- Observation of your child engaging in play activities including gross motor (crawling,
walking, climbing, running), fine motor/table top (manipulation, drawing, grasping), socialization (do they play independently, will they play with others), language, cognition.
- Discussion with you regarding the primary concerns that have brought you to
Kids Therapy Made Simple.
- Information regarding your child’s likes and dislikes as well as any information
that you can provide that would be helpful in treating your child.
- Discussion of treatment goals.
- Participation in or discussion of the possible need to participate in
standardized developmental assessments.
Following your initial visit, treatment sessions will last for either 30 minutes or 50 minutes (a therapeutic hour), depending on the type of therapy your child is participating in. Families are expected to arrive on time for a session. Treatments will vary depending on your child’s needs and goals. As goals are met, your child’s treatment plan will be re-examined.